Saturday, February 17, 2007

When I grow up, I want to be a writer

But why?

Reasons I want to be a writer:

1. I can work at home
2. I get to do something I like
3. I could potentially earn a terrific living, and therefore pay off all my parents' debt so they don't have to work and move us all to the mountains.
4. I want to go on book tours and hear people say they liked reading my stuff
5. I can work in my pajamas
6. It's a good way to get back at all the people who've wronged you; a simple little sentence or two BASED on something that MIGHT have happened with them.... any similar occurances are coincidental...
7. I might get to meet authors I like
8. Did I mention I can work anywhere? Like, even on the beach?
9. I want to be famous


Um. That's about all I can come up with right now, but I think it's enough. Now I just have to actually FINISH something. I have no excuses anymore! I sit on my butt in a Boulder home, eating pizza and listening to the iPod (I want an iPod!!), reading and talking or going for a walk. I've had vacation, now it's time for me to get some self-discipline.

No comments: